- For the Keyword, see Goddess Morrighan Keyword.
|This article contains spoilers.
If you do not wish to read further, please return to the home page.
Morrighan (written as Morrigan in the Irish Mythology) is the first Badhbh Catha Goddess and the sister of Macha and Neamhain. She is known as the Goddess of War, Vengeance, and Crows and is often referred to as "The Goddess." She is described as "The black-winged Goddess that provides blessings to the people and warriors of Tir Na Nog."
Despite her ties with the Humans through the first few Generations, Morrighan's sinister nature begins to reveal itself in Generation 11. It is revealed that Morrighan is actually using Humans, Milletians, and even Fomorians just to do her bidding and only to be disposed and eradicated later, claiming to have feared such races growing too powerful.
Morrighan is described in the book The Goddess Who Turned into Stone.
|A Request from the Goddess
Morrighan calling for the Milletian
- In Irish Mythology, Morrighan is sometimes interpreted as a name for 3 goddesses, Babh, Macha and Neamhain. In other versions, Morrigan is one of the goddesses, her name being interchangeable with Babh, and other interpretations are similar to Mabinogi's interpretation, with Morrigan, Macha and Nemain. In versions where she is one of three goddesses, she is one of the daughters of Ernmas, and Granddaughter of Nuada.
- After defeating Lucas in Generation 11, there is a scene that is a homage to Morrighan's appearance. Instead of feathers, there are two bundles of dollar bills and the quote says "I command you, in the name of the Bar Owner, stop!".
- In spite of her connections to war and violence, many NPCs describe Morrighan as a goddess of love in the first three generations.
- Morrighan appears in a collaboration between FANTASYxRUNNERS and Mabinogi as one of five playable Mabinogi-themed characters.
- The sword that appears with Morrighan in the collaboration is the same as the sword that appears with Morrighan on dungeon statues. The crossover calls it the Fomor Seal's Two-Handed Sword (KR: 포워르 봉인의 양손검) .
- Prior to the Generation 1 Update in most servers, the statue of goddess was modeled after an early design for Morrighan. Remnants of this design may still be viewed in the Lorna and Pan videos, in the book The Goddess Who Turned into Stone, the Chapter Selection offered by Duncan, and in some official announcements made by Nexon.
- The track A Request from the Goddess shares a leitmotif with the Cutscene 01 track, at the 0:15 mark.
- Cutscene 01 is often played to convey 'deceit'.
- In the G12 Shadow Mission Goddess's Memory, She has no other skills than Wings of Rage, Wings of Eclipse, and Silent Move, which is similar to Teleportation. She has 7,000 HP as well as 2,500 MP and Stamina, and is level 200.
- She also cannot run.
Morrighan as she appears in the log-in screen for the Generation 16, Season 2: Genesis Update.