The easternmost city of the Uladh kingdom. An important city in terms of industry and business, Dunbarton connects the northern & southern kingdoms of Uladh.
The city of Dunbarton is enclosed on all sides by walls, which in turn is surrounded by sprawling farmlands. The Town Hall is renowned for its hospitality to travelers, and Dunbarton is also famous for its Restaurant, Bookstore, School and Weapons Shop.
|Dunbarton is a city built on highlands east of Antrim Mountains. Bridging the northern and southern halves of Uladh continent, the city has developed into a center of trade and commerce and thence flourished.|
Dunbarton (pronounced /dʌnˈbɑːrtən/) is located at a crossroads between various other towns and cities. Travelling north through Dugald Aisle will take one to Tir Chonaill, while the westward path through the perilous Osna Sail acts as a shortcut to Emain Macha. The north-western byway leading to Abb Neagh connects to Taillteann. Beyond the Gairech Hills to the south is Bangor, and to the east is Port Cobh. Two raths known as Math Dungeon and Rabbie Dungeon are present in the northern outskirts of the city, and can be reached via Moon Gate.
Lord Fordyce of Dunbarton rarely makes public appearances, so the Town Office is the main point of contact for official business such as Guild creation and management, and the Dungeon Guide and Daily Quests. It was once also used for Lost and Found. The city also has its own church, healer house, restaurant, general store, bookstore, clothing shop, and weapons shop, as well as a large school containing a library. The local Trading Post is outside the northern gate, and the royal astronomy society have set up by the western gate.
A mysterious rock theorized to be a remnant of the First Battle of Mag Tuireadh is being excavated to the west. The stone acts as a means to teleport directly to Uladh Dungeon altars.
The climate is comparatively chilly and high in precipitation, due to the cold wind from the north and moist sea air from the east. Drinking water is facilitated by a well, as no streams or rivers run through Dunbarton. The surrounding countryside is part of Dunbarton's territory, predominantly used for agriculture.
Due to its central position in Uladh, the way Moon Gates used to function, and Continent Warp, Dunbarton flourished and has maintained its reputation as a high player populated town for many years.
Player Shops can be found spanning from the town square to the moongate, and event NPCs are frequently placed in Dunbarton.
- There are four wells: one near the Church, one behind the Weapons Shop, one behind the Healer's House, and one near the Statue (in the south-west corner).
- There is one Cooking Oven: near the Church, right beside the well.
- There are Hen and Potato fields around the north, east, and southeast areas castle wall as well as Cows at the southwest.
- Base Herb patches and Apple trees are scattered throughout the field
- There are some Sheep and Spiders around the Moon Gate to the west
Map Area Exits
There are five map area exits which go to:
- Dugald Aisle (connects to Dugald Residential Town, Tir Chonaill, and Sliab Cuilin) - North section of the map
- Port Cobh (connects to Belvast via boat traveling) - East section of the map
- Osna Sail (connects to Emain Macha) - West section of the map
- Gairech Hills (connects to Sen Mag Plateau and Bangor) - South section of the map
- Abb Neagh (connects to Abb Neagh Residential Town, and Taillteann) - Northwest section of map, near Rabbie Dungeon and Rabbie Dungeon Moongate
The City of Dunbarton
|Alban Knights Training Grounds|
Near the center of town is the Dunbarton branch of the Erskin Bank. Austeyn can be found inside.
Located at the south-west corner of the town, it rings every day at 5:30 AM to signal the start of the day.
The Church of Lymilark is located in the north-west corner of the town and Kristell can be found standing out front. Like most priests, Kristell rewards players with Holy Water of Lymilark for completing part-time jobs.
Simon runs the Clothing Shop near the square. Items marked with 'Clothing Repair' can be repaired here and his default success rate is 95%.
East of the Town Square. Walter is standing out in front. Items marked with 'General Shop Repair' can be repaired here and his default success rate is 92%.
Manus, located inside the Healer's House at the south-east corner of the town, acts as the healer in Dunbarton.
Aranwen can be found in front of the school building, while Stewart can be found inside the school for those wishing to buy skill books or wands. A library is located on the left wing of the school.
The central district of the town. Players wishing to set up their Personal Shops can do so here to sell their goods and wares.
A statue of a Unicorn overlooking a small stage. Concerts and meetings are held here.
The store is run by Nerys, who sells weapons and armor. Equipment marked with 'Blacksmith Repair' can be repaired here, and her default success rate is 95%.
|Public Servant||Town Office|
|Royal Society Astronomer||Royal Society's Outpost|
|Weapons Dealer||Weapons Shop|
|General Shop||General Shop|
- Black Grizzly Bear (northwest)
- Black Grizzly Bear Cub (northwest)
- Brown Dire Wolf (northeast)
- Brown Dire Wolf Cub
- Brown Fox
- Brown Grizzly Bear (northeast and near Math Dungeon)
- Brown Grizzly Bear Cub
- Gray Fox
- Imp (northwest) (northeast)
- Kobold Bandit (northeast)
- Gray Wolf (northeast)
- Red Grizzly Bear (near Math Dungeon)
- Red Grizzly Bear Cub
- Red Bear
- Red Fox
- Red Spider (west side)
- White Spider (west side, also near Math Dungeon)
- Wisp (near Math Dungeon)
- Young Brown Fox
- Young Gray Fox
- Young Red Fox
- In contrast to every other location in Uladh and the nearby Antrim Mountains named in The Dunbarton Environs, Dunbarton is of Scottish origin and not Irish.
- Dunbarton comes from dún (meaning fort) while barton refers to Breton or Briton.
- The heavy reliance on the unicorn as an emblem for Dunbarton also references this, as the unicorn is a national symbol of Scotland.
- Before the Trading Post was implemented in the Generation 15, Season 1 Update, there was once an additional Potato Field that players could gather Potatoes from. If one clicks in certain spots of the dirt field in front of the Trading Post, it is possible to unearth potatoes.
- The Bell Tower used to found on the south-east corner of the Square.
- The Square used to be a "square" shape.
- According to the book Animal-loving Healer, Dunbarton has a Sales tax.
- The Practice Scarecrows that can be found near Aranwen will give skill training for basic requirements that do not require Combat Power. These include the early ranks of skills such as Combat Mastery, Magic Weapon Mastery, and Axe Mastery.
- Hitting the Scarecrows will reveal dialogue. See here for more info.