- 1 Description
- 2 Map
- 3 Local NPCs
- 4 Local Monsters
- 5 NPC Animals
- 6 Public Tools
- 7 Resource Sites
- 8 Services
- 9 Trivia
- 10 References
A former battlefield fortress, currently known as the city of alchemy.
|Taillteann, called the "Town of the Alchemists", is the setting of most of the Generation 9 related quests. There are three routes that can be taken to reach Taillteann. One route is taken by going west from the Logging Camp in Dugald Aisle, into the Ulaid Forest and then going through Sliab Cuilin. Another is taken by going north-west from Dunbarton, heading towards Rabbie Dungeon and then going through Abb Neagh. The last is taken by going north from Tara and going through Corrib Valley to reach Taillteann.|
|Byrun Spawn Point|
The Alchemist's House can be found in the northern part of the town of Taillteann. Dorren and Eabha can be found in front of it and between them are the public tools, Steam Ovens and Dry Ovens, needed to prepare and perform alchemy. Eabha sells Cylinders and elemental crystals required to prepare alchemy skills. Dorren sells alchemy skill books and pre-made intermediate magic crystals, where the crystals are all rank F and with only one charge, except for the Fireball Crystal which has five charges.
There are three Beacon Mounds outside of Taillteann's town walls, one in the east, another in the south and a third in the west. Each is built on top of a hill and are tower-like structures, where a player can climb to the top (even when mounted on a pet).
The only Church of Lymilark in Taillteann, it is located in the north-eastern section of the town and Collen, a priest, can be found standing out front. Like most priests, Collen provides part-time jobs that reward a player with Holy Water of Lymilark. A potato field can be found to the east of the Church, with a well and chickens near the field.
Brenda runs the Clothing Shop in Taillteann, she can be found standing in front of her shop which is located at the southern end of the Town Square. Weaving can be done using the Loom and Spinning Wheels, which are also located in front of the shop.
Plots of farm land can be found south-west, south and south-east of the town, near the area map's border. Players have the option to lease land (from Blatt) for a week, and grow crops like strawberry, pumpkin, tomato, eggplant and cabbage. These crops can eventually be harvested and sold for profit.
See Farming for more details.
The town has a General Shop just east of the Town Square which is run by Pierrick, who can be found standing out front. Pierrick also performs as a clown and despite his beautiful appearance, his gender is male (he also appears to have a crush on Brenda).
A cemetery is to the north-east of the town. A white violet, placed on top of a certain grave, signifies a special person visiting that grave every single day. Performing a Freestyle Jam here will cause bats to appear during the action.
There are three expeditionary force headquarters in Taillteann, one for the town, representing the Humans, and one each for the opposing races, Elves and Giants. The Taillteann Headquarters, representing the Humans, is in the northern section of the town, the Elf Headquarters is in the eastern section and the Giant Headquarters is in the western section. The various expeditionary forces are in Taillteann to investigate the Shadow Realm, which can be reached by using the Shadow Gate at Stonehenge.
As Taillteann does not have a blacksmith, equipment may be bought from each expeditionary force's supply guard and repaired by the acting leader of each race's expeditionary force. The supply guards will sell equipment to a player of any race or allegiance and a Human character allied to a supply guard's race will not receive any allied discount. Each race's supply guard sells at least some equipment that the others don't, where the unique items are usually race specific. Each expeditionary force's acting leader will do blacksmith repairs for players of any race or allegiance, however, their repair success rates differ, where Andras is 96%, Granat is 97% and Karpfen is 95%.
As Taillteann does not have a healer, the Human Expeditionary Force has provided the Royal Guard Physician, that players of any race or allegiance can use. The Royal Guard Physician is located in front of the Healer's House, which is just behind the Taillteann Headquarters.
Andras is located at the Taillteann Headquarter, and can be talked to in order to acquire and progress through the Generation 9 storyline quests.
Map Area Exits
There are three map area exits which go to;
- Abb Neagh (connects to Dunbarton and Abb Neagh Residential Town) - south-east section of the Taillteann map.
- Corrib Valley (connects to Tara) - western section of the Taillteann map.
- Sliab Cuilin (connects to Dugald Aisle) - east section of the Taillteann map.
There are seven Moon Gates in Taillteann. They are located at:
- Outside and to the north-west of the town, along the path to Stonehenge.
- Far west of Taillteann, near the exit leading to Corrib Valley.
- Southwest of Taillteann.
- Near Berched's house.
- Southern Taillteann, near the exit to Abb Neagh.
- Northeastern Taillteann, in the Graveyard.
- East of Taillteann, next to the Trading Post.
Stonehenge is north-west of the town and a Shadow Gate, a gateway to the Shadow Realm, is located at its center. The gate is used to travel to the shadow world and complete shadow missions (available from the Shadow Mission Bulletin Board near Andras), along with most of the Generation 9 storyline quests.
|Vice Commander of the Military, Human Praetorian Captain||Front of Taillteann Headquarters|
|Druid||Front of Druid's House|
(Outside the town)
|Clothing Shop Owner||Front of Clothing Shop|
|Priest of the Royal Court||Front of Church|
|Banker||Front of Bank|
|Alchemy Teacher||Front of Alchemist's House|
|Alchemist||Front of Alchemist's House|
|Elf Praetorian Captain||Front of Elf Headquarters|
|Giant Praetorian Captain||Front of Giant Headquarters|
|Clown, General Store Manager||Front of General Shop|
|Farm Manager||At map location given as Farm Manager|
Elf Supply Guard
|Weapons Dealer||Front of Elf Headquarters|
Giant Supply Guard
|Weapons Dealer||Front of Giant Headquarters|
|Patient||Upstairs of Healer's House|
Royal Guard Physician
|Healer||Front of Healer's House|
Royal Supply Guard
|Weapons Dealer||Front of Taillteann Headquarters|
|Citizen||Scattered All Over the Inside of Taillteann|
All the following monsters are found outside Taillteann's town walls.
- Black Dire Wolf and Black Dire Wolf Cub
- Between Taillteann and the Graveyard (north-east of Taillteann).
- Just east of Taillteann, on north side of the path to Sliab Cuilin.
- Near the southern Beacon Mound (south of Taillteann).
- Just west of Taillteann, on south side of main western path.
- Between the Moon Gate and Stonehenge (north-west of Taillteann).
- Brown Dire Wolf
- Just south-west of Stonehenge (north-west of Taillteann).
- Brown Fox and Young Brown Fox
- Burgundy Bear
- Gray Fox and Young Gray Fox
- Just west of Taillteann, on north side of main western path.
- Gray Wolf
- Just south-west of Stonehenge (north-west of Taillteann).
- Plateau Wild Boar
- Raccoon and Young Raccoon
- Red Bear
The following NPC Animals can be found inside Taillteann's town walls.
- Chicken (Eggs, and infrequently Golden Eggs, can be gathered from Hens)
- Inside Taillteann, just east of the Church.
The following NPC Animals can be found outside Taillteann's town walls.
- Taillteann Goat (can be sheared for Wool)
- North of Taillteann (near the area map's northern border).
- Just south of Taillteann (near its southern gate).
- Just east of the Druid's House (north-west of Taillteann).
All the following public tools are found inside Taillteann's town walls.
- Dry Oven
- Spinning Wheel
- Steam Oven
All the following resource sites are found inside Taillteann's town walls. Also, the fields listed here are those that can be harvested at any time and do not include the farming plots.
- Corn Field
- Just south of the Elf Headquarters.
- Potato Field
- Just east of the Church.
- Just east of the Church.
- Banking Services (for banking gold, storage, personal shop licenses and Brownie work-for-hire contracts)
- Talk to Devi.
- Farm Management (for farming information, leasing fields, buying seeds and selling harvested crops)
- Talk to Blatt.
- Healing (for players and summoned pets)
- Talk to the Royal Guard Physician.
- House Shop Ad Board
- Lost and Found
- Talk to Andras.
- Part-time Jobs
- Party Board
- Accessory Repairs - Not available
- Blacksmith Repairs - Granat (97%), Andras (96%) and Karpfen (95%)
- Brionac Repairs - Dorren (100% but costs 4 AP per point of repair)
- Cylinder Repairs - Eabha (97%)
- Magical Equipment Repairs - Not available
- Miscellaneous Repairs - Pierrick (93%)
- Tailor Repairs - Brenda (98%)
- Magical Weapon Repairs - Berched (97%)
- Shadow Mission Bulletin Board
- Taillteann is named after the real-world Tailtin, the place where Lugh supposedly buried his foster-mother Tailtiu.
- The mythological Tailtiu died preparing farmland for Ireland, which may explain Taillteann's Farming mechanic.