Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
NOTICE: Seems like daily VIP shadow missions may be wrong occasionally!!
Taillteann Defensive Battle
- For a quick comparison of shadow missions and difficulties, see Category:Shadow Mission Lists.
- For other missions, see Category:Shadow Missions.
- Defeat the enemies that spawn at Taillteann's three gates. Your party must split up so that all gates are being guarded.
- Four different monsters will spawn at one time. They spawn every 40 seconds.
- Each gate is allowed to fall twice. If the same gate falls three times, the entire mission is failed.
- After a fall occurs, all remaining monsters and NPCs are despawned and a new wave will instantly spawn closer to the alchemy building.
- Two allied NPCs assist in guarding each gate. If both NPCs die, a fall is counted for that gate.
- Tip: The allied NPCs can be healed. Use this to your advantage.
- If you allow too many monsters to spawn at once, it will also count as a fall.
- Although there is no set time limit, the mission lasts approximately 18 minutes or 12 Erinn hours.
- Reward chest appears in the central square.
- You may choose the difficulty of the mission. See Shadow Missions for more information.
- Quest Board Location: Taillteann
- Party Size: 3~6
- Time Limit: None
Click to enlarge. The gates that must be defended are marked.
- Regular Spawns
Monster Spawn Patterns
- All four of the above monsters spawn together.
- Note: Basic version has Shadow Lancer (Light Armor), and Hard version has Shadow Lancer (Light Armor Strong) instead.
- Have a high ranked healer assist Npcs when they are damaged.
- Using a puppet's Act 6: Crisis followed by Act 7: Climactic Crash will do heavy damage every wave, even on higher difficulties.
- At lower difficulties, Rank 1 Windmill is recommended for soloing gates.
- Using Dragon Support will NOT kill or hurt the guards, so it safe to use.
- Using Ice Mines may result in a failure, due to the guards being caught in the Ice Mine.