Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
NOTICE: Seems like daily VIP shadow missions may be wrong occasionally!!
- The Small Hot-Air Balloon Kit costs 650 Gold and can only carry two riders.
- The Large Hot-Air Balloon Kit costs 3,420 Gold and can carry up to 8 riders. It also has ballistae that players may use to shoot Ballista Bolts, which Kelpie also sells.
- Wyverns fly in the western side of Zardine and will engage players and their balloons. Likewise, the players can also attack the wyverns.
- When the balloon is landing, the wyvern's attacks are unable to hit the player, but the player also cannot attack back.
- Wyverns can only be hit with Archery, Icebolt, Firebolt, Lightning Bolt, Throwing Attack, Water Cannon, or Sand Burst.
- The player usually needs to be within roughly 10 altitude meters in order to hit the wyvern.
- Killing a wyvern nets the player stars. These can be turned into Kelpie for rewards.
- Fire Wyverns are worth 5 stars each.
- Lightning Wyverns are worth 4 stars each.
- Ice Wyverns are worth 3 stars each.
- Wyverns with titles such as "the Hungry" give double the amount of stars as normal untitled ones.
- Stars are equally divided amongst each player; the more players on the balloon, the fewer stars earned, though it may be easier to hunt with more players.
- If the player enters another balloon, leaves Zardine, changes channels, or logs off, all stars earned will disappear.
- The Wyverns tend to do drive-by attacks. The best time to shoot a Magnum Shot would be right as they come in to attack.
- Rank 1 in Celestial Spike can kill most untitled wyverns in one use.
- It may be prudent to have a player or two using the corresponding Magic Shield skills when the Wyverns swoop in.
- You may also use the ballistae to shoot at the Wyverns. Better bolts can be obtained as a reward for hunting Wyverns.
- However, the ballistae becomes overshadowed by high ranks in wyvern fighting skills.
- Unless you have a mid- to high-ranked archer operating a ballista, very little damage is done even if using Poison Tip Wyvern Ballista Bolts.
- A +4 Chain Casted Firebolt can easily take down Ice Wyverns in 1 or 2 hits.
- A high ranked Water Cannon and Chain Cylinder can help against Lightning and Fire Wyverns.
- Demigod skills do not work on the balloons, however demigod can help boost recovery.
- Playing Dead can help, but beware of the wyvern's splash damage.
- If the player wishes to escape, they can set a steering path and then Play Dead.
- Gearing all nine equipment slots, all elemental-enhanced of the same type, will negate the wyvern's damage to 1. For example, having Ice-enhanced gear will negate Ice Wyvern's damage to 1.
- However, Ice Wyvern's attacks will still freeze the player.
- This may not work if there are multiple types of wyverns in one area.
|Five normal Stars are one Big Star.|
- Your score will determine your rewards.
- You'll always be offered the item in bold. You have a small chance to get one or more of the other items listed.
- Partial stars are rounded down. ie. Half of a star = 0 star
|#||Name||Hint Description||Hint Requirement||Title Description||Requirement(s)||Effects|
|24||the Daring Hot-air Balloon Pilot||Try to push the burner's capacity to its max.||Add fuel with less than 10 seconds until crashing.||Whew, for a moment there, it seemed like the burner was going to give out, but somehow, you did it!||Add fuel when the balloon is about to crash.
Note: Fuel must be added within the last second before the balloon completely runs out to earn the title, about 4 seconds after the fuel bar turns completely black.
Int +5, Luck +5
|90||the Wyvern Hunter||Title given by Kelpie to those who collect a large amount of Wyvern Claws.||Defeat a wyvern while Hot Air Ballooning.||You delivered a whooping 1000 Wyvern Claws to Kelpie.||Turn in 1000 Wyvern Claws to Kelpie.
Note: You will be giving him the claws.