Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
NA Server Merge (2019)
After much discussion between our team here at Nexon America, and our partners in Nexon Korea, we've decided to merge three of the four servers into one. Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach will be merged together into a new server, the Nao server. The anticipated server merge date is Monday, June 3rd, and we expect the game to be down for long hours to make ample time for merging the data and testing. The decision to merge these three servers was not made lightly, and the biggest factor in this is that we wish to ensure a healthy server population and environment. As Alexina is the server with the healthiest population, once the other three servers are merged, the population of Nao and Alexina will be similar. We look forward to the new possibilities and memories that you will be forming on the Nao and Alexina servers.
- Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach will be merged together into a new server, the Nao server.
- The New tag will not display on the server name.
- Nao will have 10 channels.
- Certain features will be disabled for Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach servers from May 9th to June 3rd. These include:
- A potential Nao and Alexina merge is being evaluated by the NA team as of 5/29/2019.
- Pets, partners, characters, family names and homesteads with duplicate names will have their name changed to 'Name+Server', e.g. Name+Mari, Name+Ruairi, Name+Tarlach.
- Players that incur a name change upon the merge will be provided a free Name Change Coupon.
- Both duplicate names will be changed.
- Character names without duplicates will be unchanged.
- Name changes will be available in a later update.
- Partners that incur a name change will have their likeability reset.
- Accounts that have not logged in since June 3rd, 2017 will have their pet names changed.
- E.g. Pet000000 ... Pet123456
- Pet names cannot be changed back.
- Pet name cleanup has been postponed until further notice.
- All pets will be merged safely.
- Character/Pet cards will be merged safely.
- Character creation date and your titles will all remain intact.
Bank / Inventory
- Inventory items will remain unchanged.
- The only exception are items that have been unbound by a Trade Unlock Potion. The current unbound effect will be lost and will need to be reapplied.
- Egos will be merged safely.
- Wedding Rings cannot be merged and will be removed.
- Remarriage is required to obtained another ring.
- The mailbox will be merged safely.
- Gold and items in the bank across servers on an account will be merged
- If the gold in the bank exceeds the account's bank limit, gold cannot be deposited.
- Bank passwords will be reset and can be changed after the merge.
- Items on the Auction House will be merged safely.
- After the merge, new items cannot be posted until pre-merge items are retrieved.
- Items in the cash shop inventory will be lost if not retrieved.
- Marketplace (housing) contents will not be merged.
- The option to bid on a Shop (House) will be temporarily turned off from May 16th until the merge date.
- Any item not retrieved from the marketplace NPC will be lost.
- Pon will be merged safely.
- Duplicate items across characters on different servers on an account will be moved to the Point Inventory, when opening the Dressing Room for the first time after the merge. If you only play on one server, your Dressing Room contents will merge with all of the items intact.
- The Point Inventory can hold up to 300 items. If the amount of duplicate items (across servers) is over 300, up to 100 items will go into your temporary inventory. If the amount of the remaining duplicate items is over 100, the items will be dropped. There is no guarantee the items can be recovered if they are dropped from the temporary inventory.
- Guild names will not be changed.
- All guild stones will need to be placed again.
- Any current Guardian Guilds prior to the merge will be reset.
- Guild GP and Gold stored in the Guild Stone will be merged.
This content will be reset upon the merge:
- Festia Weekly Ranking Board
- MabiNovel Bulletin Board
- Bard Bulletin Board
- Fashion Contest Winner
- Royal Alchemists and Upgrade Methods found by Royal Alchemists.
- The max amount of Royal Alchemists will remain unchanged on Nao, being 100.
- Seal Stones
- The Seal Stones will need to be broken again in the new server, granting the respective Seal-Breaker titles to the character who breaks the seal.
- Characters who obtained the Seal-Breaker title previously will still be able to use the Seal-Breaker title.
- Main character selection for events will be reset.
- Master Chef's comments in the Cooking Journal will be reset.
- Altruist System Points and Altruist Ranking will be reset.
- General UI saved settings will be reset, including:
- Hotkey bar placements
- Extra skill slots
- Saved pet organization and tabs
- It is recommended to screenshot these settings so they may be reapplied.