A mine made by combining an Ice Spear Crystal with a Clay Crystal and an Unknown Ore Fragment. If planted in the ground, it will detonate once nearby enemies are detected. Shooting arrows or bolts from a distance can also activate detonation, but doing so may inflict damage on your own teammates, so exercise caution.
2 × 1
|Sold By||None||NPC Resale Value||50 G|
- When this item is used, the user plants an ice mine on the ground via the Ice Mine action. When an enemy steps on it, they will be frozen for a few seconds and then damaged and knocked back, similar to Ice Spear.
- Ice Mines can only be planted in Shadow Missions, Dungeons, and Falias.
- Friendly characters can become affected by the mine's damage as well, so take caution when using them.
- Enemy Ice Mines are detectable through L-Rods, Arat Berries, the Detection skill, and the Demigod transformation.
- Ice Mines can be targeted and destroyed by Ranged and Magic Skills.
- However, Dual Gun Skills cannot target Ice Mines.
- Ice Mine's rank and charge is based on the Synthesis rank (Rank B Synthesis will create a rank B ice mine).
- However, the damage efficiency is set to 0.8 (or 80% of the original spell damage) and is not based off the user's Mana Crystallization rank.
- If a pet sets off a mine, and is then unsummoned right after, it will take no damage, however it cannot move for a short time when resummoned.
Methods to Obtain
|Ice Mine|| Ice Spear Crystal ×1
Unknown Ore Fragment ×5
Clay Crystal ×5
|#||Name||Hint Description||Hint Requirement||Title Description||Requirement(s)||Effects|
|18||the Mine Expert||(unknown)||(unknown)||Only those who know how to strategically plant mines have the right to use this title.||Attack 4 or more enemies at once with a single Ice Mine. Freezing other Players and/or Friendly NPCs will count toward this title.|| Str -10 Int -10, Will -10|
Dex +20, Stamina +15, Defense +2
- The Crash Shot skill was based on the principle of Ice Mines.